US B2 Visa

We help clients successfully accomplish their immigration-related objectives

The B-2 classification is appropriate for those planning to visit the United States for pleasure. The intent at the time of the visa application and admission must be to engage in a purely temporary visit, followed by departure from the U.S.

The B-2 category is appropriate for tourism, social visits, certain medical treatments, and participation in amateur sports, music and related events. This category is also used for domestic partners not in a marital relationship, to accompany their qualifying partners. B-2 visitors generally are admitted to the United States for an initial admission period of six months. However, port of entry officers can further limit the admission period based on the purpose of the visit, one’s U.S. travel history and other considerations. In some situations, it is possible to obtain extensions of B-2 stay beyond the initial admission period. However, it is necessary to establish the need to extend the visit in a manner consistent with the B-2 requirements.


In addition to the requirements common to all applying for the visitor visa to the United States, B-2 visa applicants must:
• Ability to show the U.S. visit as purely temporary and for activities permitted under the B-2
• If for medical treatment, documentation of the need for treatment in the United States and the financial ability to pay for the treatment

How We Can Help You

• For those within the United States, our attorneys advise as to options for obtaining a change to or extension of the B-2 from within the United States, and represent individuals in connection with changes or extensions of status, if appropriate.
• For individuals outside the U.S., we provide assistance and advice related to B-2 visa applications at U.S. consulates. We assist in appropriate cases involving prior denials and prior immigration violations.
• We will assist all US consulate in India, provides representation and guidance with visa matters, including routine and more complex B-2 visa applications.

Get in Touch

We regularly update with information and Frequently Asked Questions about US Immigration Law, requirements of a skilled migrant and other legal issues. For further information, please contact us on (925)568 7586, if you prefer to send a mail, write us at:

What Immigration Programs can I Apply for?