US F1 Student Visa

We help clients successfully accomplish their immigration-related objectives

The F-1 visa classification is allocated to academic students entering the United States temporarily for the purpose of pursuing a full course of study at an accredited school or university that is approved by the Attorney General.

You must file an F1 visa application if you plan on entering the US to attend a university or college, high school, private elementary school, seminary, conservatory, language training program, or other academic institution.

There are a few exceptions, but in general anyone who intends to stay in the USA to study or live must obtain either a temporary or immigrant visa by the US Department of State. If you wish to study in the USA you will most typically be issued a non-immigrant visa called an F1 (F2 for dependents) and can choose to attend one school types that are listed above.


• Ability to demonstrate status as a bona fide student with nonimmigrant intent and strong ties to the home country
• Ability and credentials to qualify for the intended full course of study in a SEVP certified institution
• Acceptance to study at an established college, university, or other academic institution or in a language training program in the United States approved by the Attorney General
• Proficiency in the English language and evidence of sufficient funds to attend the university or college to which s/he has been admitted to study and live in the United States for the duration of the program

How We Can Help You

• The Reliancesoft Systems provides assistance in devising a strategy and course of action to increase ones chance of obtaining the F-1/F-2 visa at the consular post abroad, especially after a previous visa denial.
• Reliancesoft Systems attorneys provide advice on F-1 status maintenance, employment issues such as CPT, OPT, STEM extensions, automatic F-1 status and employment extension based on the cap gap rule, and other matters related to the F-1.
• Reliancesoft Systems attorneys provide assistance with regard to changing between F-1 primary and F-2 dependent statuses

Get in Touch

We regularly update with information and Frequently Asked Questions about US Immigration Law, requirements of a skilled migrant and other legal issues. For further information, please contact us on (925)568 7586, if you prefer to send a mail, write us at:

What Immigration Programs can I Apply for?